Getting to Know World Book Student
The Home Page
1. The main search box offers options to search terms in Articles or Media. Additionally, you can select the "Find it by..." drop-down menu to search by subject, alphabetical listing, Advanced Search, images, or videos.
2. Featured Videos appear on the homepage and are pulled from World Book's vast vault of media; select one of the videos below to view in the main video window above.
3. Research Tools include Citation Builder, a tool to create MLA, APA, and Harvard bibliography style formats; How to Do Research, a step-by-step tutorial for research skills for students and educators; and My Research, a personalized account to save research results.
4. World Book editors break down the news in the Behind the Headlines feature, which includes current events, quizzes, and lesson plans.
5. The Take me to drop-down menu provides quick access to My Research, Citation Builder, How to Do Research, Dictionary, Behind the Headlines, Compare Places, Atlas, Biography Center, and What's New.
6. Featured Content highlights new and revised content recently added to World Book Student.
1. Article contents are displayed in a drop-down menu at the top right of the article page.
2. The Tools box is a drop-down menu that includes options for the user to print, e-mail, and save the article (in HTML and PDF formats). You can also view citations, translate the text, toggle text-to-speech, highlight a search term, adjust text size, and view info. The default article view is the single page view; click the "Section view" link to view the article by section.
3. The Related Information tab lists all of the content related to the article shown, including primary sources, more encyclopedia articles, books, Back in Time articles, Special Reports, websites, magazine articles, content standards, and questions.
4. Images, Videos, and Audio in World Book Student include hundreds of videos and animations, covering topics in all curriculum areas, as well as thousands of images and illustrations, maps, and sounds.